Tuesday, January 3, 2012

African Groundnut Stew

I somewhat randomly selected this as our New Year's Eve dinner, and was happy I did.  This is based on a recipe from a slow cooker pamphlet I no longer have, so I can't properly attribute it.  Nor do I know for sure if it's actually based on an African recipe as was claimed.  Whatever, it's yummy.

Ingredients
1/2 to 3/4 lbs Chicken Cutlet

1 Medium Potato
1 Medium Sweet Potato
1/4 Medium Onion
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
1 teaspoon Ground Ginger (or dice up some fresh ginger)
Salt and pepper to taste

  1. Cut up the chicken, potatoes and onion into stew sized pieces.  Make the sweet potato pieces bigger than the regular potato pieces as they cook through faster.
  2. Mix all ingredients into the slow cooker.
  3. Turn on the slow cooker (I have a rather simple unit that's either on or off, but if you need a temperature setting, I'm guessing it will be about median of your options).
  4. Let it cook at least 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment